Social Media Specialist, Rogers
The Audience Development Team within the Media division is on the lookout for a rock star Social Media Specialist to help build highly engaged audiences across the Rogers Media portfolio. As part of the Digital & Content Publishing group, the ideal candidate, will have a firm grasp of what it means to create meaningful connections that encourage audience development. You’ll ‘talk-the-talk’ when it comes to understanding the nuances of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and 3rd party solutions like Hootsuite and CrowdTangle. You’ll possess a deep appreciation for data, analytics and a passion for teamwork, as you navigate through the highly-experienced cross-functional groups such as Editorial, Brand, Insights and Product.
What you will be doing
Analysis & Insights
– Create both ad-hoc and monthly tracking, forecasting, analysis and reporting for individual brands against their business objectives.
– Research and keep relevant teams up-to-date on the newest allow us to stay on the edge of innovation, implementing communication processes and tools that get the right information to the right people
– Monitor competitor’s activity and relevant social media leaders to uncover future opportunities for growth and engagement within our own properties.
Implementation & Support
– Provide support and leadership to editorial and brand teams on maintaining best practices that help drive social growth and engagement.
– Communicate and implement major social media platform updates across all brands – including hosting working groups and training sessions.
– Implement and ensure adoption of the latest social media tools and 3rd party partner beta programs from our social media platform partners by ensuring close communication and integration with editorial teams
– Day-to day management of the major social platforms and 3rd party partners including managing feature requests and issue reporting.
– Manage compliance, user access and governance over our social tools and 3rd platforms such as Hootsuite and CrowdTangle.
– Work closely with product and operations to ensure social media tool roadmap meets business needs
What you have
– A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in social, digital marketing, digital media or digital agency.
– Ability to analyze data and summarize insights that add value with a keen eye for detail and ability to work accurately.
– Strong understanding of the native social media platforms publishing, analytics and ads capabilities as well as third party vendors such as Hootsuite, Crowdtangle, etc.
– Understanding of the editorial and creative processes to building great content.
– Natural self-starter and born communicator that can build relationships with the dynamic, cross functional teams.
– Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Audience Solutions
Requisition ID: 109304
For more great articles, features and job postings, follow us on Twitter @SholdMediaGroup
Join Shold Media Group
Joining the Shold Media Group and getting connected with other young media professionals is simple. All you need to do is ‘LIKE’ SMG on Facebook and ‘Follow’ SMG on Twitter. Once you do that, you’ll have all the great articles, videos, event invites and much more delivered right to you. Click the links below to Join.