CityNews Producer: Toronto
CityNews Toronto is looking for a News Producer, capable of leading our news broadcasts. Reporting to the Sr Manager, Content Delivery, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills while producing compelling news stories and newscasts that inform and engage our audience.
What you’ll be doing
– Working as part of a team, you will lead the creation of our news programs – including show lineup, scripts approval and reporter assignments.
– Oversee writers and associate producers in the creation of fast-paced, compelling and informative news stories airing on CityNews Toronto, other CityNews broadcasts across Canada and our digital properties.
– Take ownership of news content from beginning to end, across all platforms
– Source news stories from a variety of outlets to create and present strategic daily content.
– Create and research story ideas
– Pitch and contribute to creative brainstorms and story meetings
– Lead special projects, when required
– Work with newsroom management on overall CityNews strategy
– Recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
– Ensure that content is factually and grammatically correct, and follows the designed style-guide.
– Participate in post-production meetings and critique sessions
– Screen and select footage from internal and external libraries and other feeds coordination and booking, as required.
– Develop network of local contacts
What you have
– Minimum 5 years of TV news producing, writing or reporting experience
– Ability to work individually and part of a team
– Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
– Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
– Control room and field production experience an asset.
– Journalism or post-secondary broadcasting degree/diploma preferred
– Sound communication skills.
– Social Media acumen
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Programming
Requisition ID: 113349
RELATED: So You Want to be on TV?
For more great articles, features and job postings, follow us on Twitter @SholdMediaGroup
Join Shold Media Group
Joining the Shold Media Group and getting connected with other young media professionals is simple. All you need to do is ‘LIKE’ SMG on Facebook and ‘Follow’ SMG on Twitter. Once you do that, you’ll have all the great articles, videos, event invites and much more delivered right to you. Click the links below to Join.